Kugelhopf or Bundt pan
Grease the pan using:
- 1 tbl melted butter
- 2 tbl brown sugar
For the dough:
- 5 generous tbl of Kumquat jam (see: ETHEL’S KUMQUAT DELICACY
- 4 eggs
- 400cc sour cream
- 3/4 cup of sugar (150 g)
- 200 g soft butter
- Zest from two lemons
- Zest from two oranges
- 3 tbl orange juice
- 2 cups flour (350 g)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tbl orange juice
- 2 tbl orange liqueur
- Heat the oven to 200C and grease the baking pan.
- Sprinkle the sugar in the pan in a very uniform and thin layer.
- Cut the fruit into a coarse paste and dilute the mixture with orange juice.
- In a mixer bowl, whip the sugar, the butter, the chopped and diluted jam, lemon Zest and orang. Mix until the mixture is swollen and airy.
- Add eggs, one by one, sour cream, flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix in a very low speed for about half a minute, until the ingredients are unified.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for about 40 minutes, until the cake is ready.
- When the cake is ready and still hot from the oven, stir the orange juice and the lemon juice in a small glass and drip the cake around until all the liquid is absorbed into it.
- When the cake is cold, turn into a serving dish.