- 20-30 pricked kumquats
- 2 cups of sugar
- 650 ml Brandy
- 1.5 litter tightly sealed Sterilized jar
- Add the pricked kumquats, sugar and brandy to the jar and seal it.
- Store the jar away from sunlight.
- After 14 days turn the jar over and back to distribute the sugar.
** there is no need to shake the jar.
- keep turning the jar over and back at least once a week until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- When the sugar has dissolved, gently remove the kumquats from the jar. Keep them!
- Leave the liqueur to age in the jar.
- After 6 months the liqueur is ready.
WHAT TO DO WITH THE KUMQUATS YOU REMOVED FROM THR JAR?
- Dip them in melted chocolate and Store in the freezer.