SALMON FILET IN KUMQUAT SYRUP
- 6 salmon filets
- 30 g of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 cup of crushed kumquats with syrup
- 1 container (250cc) of low fat sweet cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of cherry brandy
- 1 teaspoon of dry thyme
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Sesame oil
- Place the kumquats, vinegar and brandy in a pot and cook until thickened.
While the sauce is thickening:
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the salmon seasoned with the black pepper, closing it on both sides.
- Just before the sauce is ready, add the cream and continue cooking for a minute or two.
- Add the sauce to the fish and continue cooking for another 5 minutes on low heat.
- Remove from the fire and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and a little sesame oil.